UCLA is committed to supporting our staff and their families. The information provided on this page is believed to be accurate; however, UCLA makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information. Links from this site are not under the control of UCLA and UCLA is not responsible for their content.
UCLA-Affiliated Child Care Resources
Bright Horizons at UCLA Westwood Child Care Center is excited to welcome families to the center! We look forward to providing reliable child care and early education programs you can feel great about, with enhanced health and safety protocols that keep children, staff, and families safe. Now enrolling with limited availability! Learn More Today! Visit the Bright Horizons at UCLA Westwood website and see their Virtual Tour and Healthy and Safe Webinar flyers.
Infant Development Program (IDP): The Infant Development Program is a teaching and research facility for the Department that accommodates both cross-sectional and longitudinal investigation of infants, toddlers, their parents and caregivers. All spaces are currently filled. For more information please visit the IDP website.
University Parents Nursery School (UPNS): The University Parents Nursery School is a cooperative school that cares for the children (aged 2-5) of UCLA students, staff and faculty. As a cooperative school, UPNS is run by its members, who contribute to the smooth operation of the school. Call (310) 397-2735 for more information or visit the UPNS website. Please see the UPNS Program Guidelines Chart for reopening information.
Additional Child Care and Resources in the Community
Child Care Centers in the Community
- Leo Baeck Temple Early Childhood Center is a boutique early childhood program for families with children from birth through six years of age. For more information, visit leobaecktemple.org or email email@example.com.
- Maple Tree Academy is a RIE, Reggio and Soka inspired child care center serving children from the age of 3 months through 5.5 years.
- WeeCare: WeeCare is a network of daycare and child care programs in Los Angeles, CA and across the United States.
Child Care Referral Services
- Carina Care: A referral registry that partners with working families to provide quality, licensed child care during and after the Covid-19 crisis. Local space availability is updated regularly to quickly assist families seeking providers.
- Child Care Alliance Los Angeles (CCALA): CCALA is a partnership of ten Resource and Referral and Alternative Payment agencies in Los Angeles County that deliver services to thousands of families and child care providers.
- Connections for Children: A child care resource and referral agency for West Los Angeles and South Bay
- Call (888) 92-CHILD: A resource and referral agency for your zip code. Available in both Spanish and English.
- NannyPoppinz: A full service referral agency, including sick child care. National Call Center 1-877-262-6694. Operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including holidays. Free registration in advance recommended.
- Sittercity: An online meeting venue for families to connect with sitters in their areas. They enable families to easily identify a match by using their tools to request a babysitter, field applicants, and move forward with their interview process.
- UCLA Recreation Youth Programs: Find programs such as summer camps and swimming lessons to keep your child engaged.
- Los Angeles County COVID-19 DPSS Resources: Please follow the Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) on Facebook @LACoDPSS, Twitter @LACo_DPSS and Instagram @laco_dpss for the latest updates.
- Los Angeles County COVID-19 Let's Feed L.A: Connecting our most vulnerable communities with meal and voucher programs
- Los Angeles County Office of Education COVID-19: Resources for families, teachers, and essential workers relating to COVID-19
- Maven Clinic Tool: Should I keep my children home or send them to child care? This decision-making tool is an interactive site designed to walk you through through the process.
- SCAAPD: A UCLA School of Dentistry pediatric student-run dentistry club. SCAAPD offers virtual oral hygiene instruction for children via Zoom. Topics include brushing teeth, flossing and the effect of diet on oral health. Complete a sign-up form to schedule an appointment . For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org