Expanding Services to the Community
GOOD NEWS! UCLA Early Care and Education Opens Enrollment to the Community
APPLY NOW Immediate openings for children 3 – 4 years old at the Early Care and Education (ECE) University Village Center ONLY. We are also accepting applications for infants and toddlers.
Grandchildren of UCLA faculty and staff, emeriti, and children of alumni families will be considered after current faculty, staff and students have been offered placement. Community families will be considered for enrollment at the University Village Center only after all affiliated families have been offered enrollment. Volunteers are treated as community families.
UCLA alumni families must provide documentation – either a copy of a diploma from UCLA (excluding UCLA Extension), or a transcript showing a minimum of two years’ enrollment at UCLA – prior to a child’s enrollment in the program.
Submit a Community Waiting List Application and non-refundable fee for consideration.
- Children from the Deans’ faculty priority lists
- Children of any other UCLA-affiliated, non-Senate faculty, staff or student families
- Non-affiliated children are prioritized in the following order once the waiting list for currently-affiliated families has been exhausted. These families will be charged a higher community tuition rate.
Unaffiliated families are prioritized in the following order once the waiting list for currently-affiliated families has been exhausted.
- Grandchildren of current faculty
- Grandchildren of current staff
- Children and/or grandchildren of emeriti
- Children and/or grandchildren of retired faculty
- Children and/or grandchildren of alumni
- Children and/or grandchildren of former staff
- Children of families from the general community
Affiliated families pay the following community tuition rates for the 2015-2016 school year:
Infant 2 – 17 months $2,035
Toddler 18 – 35 months $1,840
Preschool 36+ months $1,430
Tuition for families who are not current UCLA faculty, staff, or student parents will be charged a higher tuition rate.
Unaffiliated families will pay the following community tuition rates for the 2015-2016 school year:
Infant 2 – 17 months $2,285
Toddler 18 – 35 months $2,090
Preschool 36+ months $1,680
Download and print the Community Waiting List Application and submit with the $50 non-refundable fee for immediate consideration. ECE will email you a confirmation once your application is received and processed.